1. Explain Deployement Diagram?
- Used for describing the hardware components where software components are deployed
- Component diagrams are used to describe the components and deployement diagram shows how they are deployed in hardware
- Deployement diagrams consist of nodes
- Nodes are nothing but physical hardwares used to deploy the application
- Describe the physical components and their distribution and association
2. Explain Use Case diagram?
- Capture the dynamic aspects of a system
- Used to get the requirements of a system including internal and external influences
- These requirements are mostly design requirements
- When a system is analyzed to gather its functionalities use cases are prepared and actors are identified.
- Uses cases are nothing but the system functionalities written in an organized manner.
3. Explain Interaction Diagram?
- Describe some types of interactions amoung the different elements in the model.
- This interaction is part of dynamic behaviour of the system
- Sequence diagram and collaboration diagrams are used in UML for this purpose
- Sequence Diagram – Emphasizes on time sequences of messages
- Collaboration Diagram – Emphasis on the structural organization of objects that send and receive messages
So the following things are to identified clearly before drawing the interaction diagram:
- Objects taking part in the interaction.
- Message flows among the objects.
- The sequence in which the messages are flowing.
- Object organization.
- The message flow is nothing but a method call of an object.
- In collaboration diagram the method call sequence is indicated by some numbering technique
- The difference is that the sequence diagram does not describe the object organization where as the collaboration diagram shows the object organization.
- If the time sequence is important then sequence diagram is used and if organization is required then collaboration diagram is used.
4. Explain StateChart diagram?
- Describes different states of a component(Object) in a system
- These states are controlled by internal or external events
- Used to model dynamic nature of the system
Before drawing a Statechart diagram we must have clarified the following points:
- Identify important objects to be analyzed.
- Identify the states.
- Identify the events.
5. Explain activity diagram?
- Basically a flow chart to represent the flow form one activity to another activity
- The activity can be represented as an operation of the system
- This flow can be sequential, branched or concurrent
- Other diagrams are used to show the message flow from one object to another object
- But activity diagram used to show the control flow from one activity to another activity
- Activity is a particular operation of the system
So before drawing an activity diagram we should identify the following elements: